Monday, May 30, 2011

Motivation

I have been lacking energy and motivation and feeling discouraged. My walking distance declined drastically over a weeks time. But I hung in there and this week has started off better. A good friend sent me a word of encouragement and reminded me that God is always there with me. It's so cool how God uses others at various times to remind us of His love and purpose for us. I know this is not a religious centered blog but I am a faith based person so at times my Christian faith will be referenced in my posts. I am thinking on psalm 37:4 that says: Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.

I know that people accomplish many things without any thought to God, but I much rather walk 50 steps with God than a thousand without Him. He has blessed me much and I wouldn't trade it for nothing.

Today I did a set of 20 squats. My right leg is still a constant battle but I don't let that make me give up. I think that I will try to do a few different exercises at least 3x a week to keep some consistancey yet not feel over whelmed. For example, pullups, squats, chair exercises - instead of feeling let down if I don't do things every day I might much better benefit by several sensible routines 3x a week.

I did make a video a few months back of me exercising in a chair, I need to post it so others can tell me how to improve / modify / add to it.

Thank you for checking in, hang in there, in exercise and in life.

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory