Saturday, October 23, 2010

3 days




Hi all,

I am doing good. I've been having some good days and some not the best days. But more important I have been consistently exercising with the pull up bar. 3 days in a row, last Saturday, Sunday and Monday when I stood up it felt very good, almost like I did it without assistance. That is one of my goals. But then after Monday I started not standing up so easily, but I still did squats. 29 is still my high number. One day I kept going lower and lower, almost in my chair and then standing back up. That's not so easy but I'm working on it.

I did something last week that I don't think I've done since my injury. When I was walking I fell like I do every blue moon or so, I didn't get hurt. But usually when I fall it frustrates me and I in no way feel like getting up and finishing my walk. But I did and that was a big step for me. And the next night when walking I fell again, I really had no desire to get up and finish then, but I did and felt better. If you are thinking if I fall sometimes then I shouldn't be walking, don't you fall sometimes too?:)

Something else that I've done is when I finish walking instead of sitting down is stay standing, let go of the walker, hold onto to Lisas arm and shift my weight around trying to hold my balance, not easy for me but if it were easy it wouldn't be of much help to me.

This morning my friend that made my pullup bar installed some eye bolts that I can hook resistance bands in to and do different exercises. I am very excited about this. The few photos above aren't very good but you can get an idea. I have handles that attach to the end of the bands. I will try to get some photos of me using them. I actually did several exercises from my chair already earlier, including, back, core and shoulders.

I haven't gotten on the floor yet to work on core and whatever else but I'm working on it.

Any ideas for floor exercises or the resistance bands or pullup bar or anything at all is greatly welcomed and appreciated.

I have realized that the difficult part about this isn't so much as doing the exercises, although that is difficult, but it's do be consistent, and not give up.

Bye for now,
Ian

2 comments:

  1. Ian, I just discovered your blog through Krista at stumptuous.com. Your story is inspiring. Keep blogging, and find that motivation from any source you can. Consistency, dedication, persistence.... Theyre hard things for most if not all people. Best to you in your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ian,
    Found you through Krista's blog. I wanted to say that your story really pulled at some of my heart strings. It's only a few posts in and already you are improving not only your body from the sounds of it, but also your confidence. It's inspiring that you have so much to work through ahead of you, and I've started my own work outs again too.I can't even do one pull up, so maybe someday I can comment again and by then, you'll be walking and I'll be able to do 29 pull ups ;D

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Directory