Wednesday, October 13, 2010

new exercise

Last night I tried a exercise for my legs that I have been thinking about for a while. While laying on my back I put a tall metal can under my leg, the back of my thigh so it elevated above my knee. So I could do leg extensitions (not sure of the proper term.) But it was a good exercise. I did 1 set of 25 for each leg.

Then I did a set of crunches. I need to learn more about ab / core exercises. But I will keep doing the basic crunches for now.

I have continued doing squats with the pull up bar and that is going well, though sometimes it's a struggle (which isn't bad.) Twice I've been able to do a set of 20.

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good about my routine right now, but I still need to add more.

Ian

3 comments:

  1. First, kudos on your efforts!
    Second, how about rolling to work your core? (I am a PT as a disclaimer.) I often have patients with weak cores (from a variety of reasons) who I start with rolling as a precursor to other core exercises. Here is a video with some pre-rolling patterns that might work for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s3s7Rsd7wY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I was thinking rolling would be really good. But my obstacle there is being able to get back up off the floor without someone else having to exert much energy. But I will find a way to roll. And when I do please let me know of other key core exercises. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't need to be on the floor ... a bed would work too, just be sure you don't fall off!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Directory