Sunday, December 5, 2010

Trying to break the funk

Lately I've been struggling with finding / making time for exercise / therapy. You might know that when you get out of that routine it's hard to get back in and it can be very discouraging. I was doing so well with my standing and I got away from it, it almost makes me feel like giving up because I know I was so close to a break through.

But it is never worth it to give up. For a long while my right leg (my stronger leg) has had issues, a ever tightening muscles fights against my strength and ability in this leg. It drives me crazy! :) Yesterday I tried doing squats and I couldn't get any weight to bear on it. Kinda hard to do squats like that. So after 6 I got frustrated and was done with that for the day.

Thankfully I tried again today and though still a struggle it was a little better. Did a set of 7 then a set of 10. Then I walked over 60 steps, the squats do seem to stretch my legs pretty good and improve my walking. My left foot that I consistently drag when walking stepped through better than it has in a long time. As far as bearing weight on my right leg, weirdly when walking (and thankfully) I can bear weight on it. It still feels very tight. Any ideas for stretching that tight group of muscles greatly appreciated.

Not keeping up with my squats has brought me down lately but I have taken the time to focus on my arms using the bar to do pull ups. Also focusing on my left obliques to hopefully improve my weak balance. And getting in a chair still sometimes to do leg presses and not neglect my legs totally.

Anyway, I'm working on and trying to break the funk. To you I say, never give up.

1 comment:

  1. I found that I had to dramatically change my priorities in order to (finally) get fit. It wasn't something I could just squeeze into the spaces. I had to decide that it was just about the most important thing in the world after earning my bread and making sure my husband and I are straight.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Directory